Spring is the perfect season for an exterior home makeover.
1. Edit your exterior — remove kitschy lawn ornaments, dead plants or dated awnings.
2. Repaint the exterior trim to freshen up the look of your home.
3. Use stone veneer to cover up your home’s concrete foundation.
4. Swap out your address number for something more contemporary.
5. Choose a front door paint color that will stand out in an online listing.
6. Update your exterior door hardware — black matte adds edgy contrast.
7. Give your weathered mailbox a DIY makeover.
8. Make your home more visible from the street by installing porch lights.
9. Liven up your landscaping with colorful plants.
10. Or frame your entryway with eye-catching planters (you can take them with you when you move).
11. Incorporate welcoming touches, like a hammock chair or porch swing.
12. Invest in new garage doors that add architectural interest.
13. Update your deck with decorative railings.
14. Power wash or refinish the flooring in your entryway.
15. Install a beadboard paneled ceiling that will have buyers looking up.
16. Throw down a welcoming door mat or two.
17. Hang a simple, seasonal wreath to brighten up your front door.
Source: Livabl_ by BuzzBuzzHome